Friday, September 10, 2010

Debate #1


If you find $100, is it yours to keep?

14 comments:

  1. No because somebody probably worked really hard to earn the money.If its yours and you lose it then you find it then you can keep it.Other than that no if its not yours you shouldn't keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it is hard because that if you do find a hundred dollors then you can ask around but a person that it dint belong to can tell you it is theirs but it could be theirs. but you never know. also if you don't turn it in you will have a sad person some where out there that is looking and hoping to find their money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think when you find it you should look around and see where you are. Maybe, you can ask around and if no one claims it, then you can have it. For me I would only ask around to the people around the area. Also I would ask who ever is my guardian at that point. I f they say yes, then I'm keeping it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it depends on where I found it. If I found it on the side of the street then yes because someone might have dropped it but didn't know and they probably wouldn't come back to the side of the street and look for it. But no if I found it outside a house on a table the people might have left it there for a reason and it wouldn't be mine to take.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, how would you find the person that dropped it unless you saw the person drop it, then you would give it to them and go on with your day. If you saw a $100 on the on the ground and saw no body around what do you do? Personaly if I didn't see who dropped it I would keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no,its not yours to keep you will have to tell the police and your parents. If there is the person who owns it give it back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not yours. If you are near a shop or somewhere were it could of fallen out of a wallet or purse, then you should give it to the shop, so they can see if someone would take. Or if not near a shop your on a beach or woods then no one around you could keep it. If you gave to a store then some random person could say " Have you gotten a $100 bill?" So I would just keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My opinion is maybe because you cant put up signs or someone will just say oh that is mine. You can also see if anyone rides there bike or walks and ask them is they say no then maybe you should keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES, the money is mine to keep. But it depends if you know the person who dropped it in the first place. If not, I would still try to find out who it belongs to, if I can't then I think I should get the money because I went through the work of trying to find it. Also a person who drops a 100$ bill is extremely irresponsible. That is why I think that if I find it I should keep it. Joey H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it really depends if you asked anybody if it was there's they would claim it even though its not there's. If you found it at a school or a community center I would give it to the person in charge so they could figure out who's it is

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really depends. If you find it, in a way, it is yours to keep, but it's not really the right thing to do. It originally belonged to somebody else, and you really should return it. You can keep it because now it belongs to you, but know that the right thing to do is return it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dotan-
    What if t a person lied? They said it was there. Are you going to ask them what it looks like. Well it has a face on it, it has a 100 on it. If no one is around keep it. If you see someone looking you can ask, " Are you looking for something?". So that is my thought.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It depends on where you are. Suppose you are at a mall. Then the smartest thing to do is walk around to the nearest stores and ask if anyone walked out with a $100 dollar bill. If you cannot find the person who lost it, you can give it to the store as a donation. If you are in the woods with a gaurdian, you should ask them if you should keep it or not. Then you have the freedom to do as you please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some people would keep that $100 dollar bill, but I would not. The reason for not keeping the money is because what if someone that lost it may need it for a important reason even though they do need to keep track of their money. So that would be a NO, I would not keep that $100 dollar bill even if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete